Sunday, August 31, 2008

DJ Shadow - Giving Up the Ghost

The choice to begin is rarely available. To expedite a moment to begin, even. Last night, I jumped into the Atlantic Ocean, because it was there. Already the precursor. It was the beginning of a journey that would only begin at a different end of the very same water.We move in calculations, only half-awake in the moments we spend waiting for a worthy arrival. Until then, we numb ourselves to get out of this state of life. Start.

---------

I'm going to London on Wednesday. I'm putting a lot of weight on this semester, because I see the window of music journalism closing. So, I'm doing an independent study on the recording industry, and expending myself as much as I can. I'm doing a column for The Temple News. I'm going to take pictures of random people on the street. I'm going into this with a comfortable level of my own wisdom. I'm hoping something about this shifts my perspective into one that give me a future in journalism.

No comments: